Thursday, August 28, 2008

Doctors-and-School Days

Tuesday was Doctor Day for the boys. Austin had his four-year well-check (complete with two immunizations - better known as SHOTS!) and Robbo had an ingrown toenail "fixed" (which kind of freaked him out, since I don't think he thought the doctor would do anything THAT day. But it is all well and good now.).

Austin was rattled with the news that he had to get shots, but was very brave and calm. Later, as he and I were watching the doctor numb up Rob's toe, he whispered to me. "Mom, you know how you get scared when you have to get a shot? Well, when somebody else has to get a shot, I kind of get scared for them, too." I melted. He is such a sensitive and compassionate kid.

And then there are times, like now, that I want to ring his neck! :-)

Robbo started school yesterday. Seventh grade. Wow. I worked with pre-teens and teenagers for 15 years, but the thought of parenting one scares the crap out of me!! How do you make sure that you do it right?

Austin had his preschool orientation yesterday, as well. He met his new teacher, Ann; and saw quite a few of his friends from last year. I'm glad he has those relationships already established as it should make it easier on both of us as school gets underway next week.

Baylor plays Wake Forest on national TV tonight. Yea! I get to spend the evening - post-Austin-bedtime - watching the Bears. Sic 'em!

No comments: