Wednesday, August 13, 2008

He Sleeps

Today is Austin's birthday. And he's sleeping in.

He never sleeps in. He hardly ever sleeps! Since the day he came into the world, he has consistently required less sleep than I do. And so today, on his fourth birthday, he is sleeping in. Hmmm... what to make of it?

This birthday is rattling me a bit. His first birthday was a little bit emotional - but probably more because I thought it was supposed to be, turning one and all. Birthdays Two and Three were fun. But Four. I'm not sure why, but this one is getting to me!

He's growing up. He's more independent. He's able to outsmart me more consistently now. ;-)

Why Four is so hard, I'm not sure. I just know that it is.

(By the way, those of you who know me well, look at the time of this post. Yes, he still sleeps...)

No comments: