Saturday, August 1, 2009

The First Day of My Forty-Fourth Year

Yeah, yeah... "today is the first day of the rest of your life." That's true every day for every one of us. But today, on my 43rd birthday, I want to intentionally make some choices about how I will spend my 44th year.

I feel like my life is becoming somewhat my own again. Not completely, because, well, it just isn't. When you are a mom and a wife, you are not your own. ;-) But Austin will start kindergarten in a month, which means I will have about two-and-a-half hours a day to spend of my own choosing. I want to use that time to write, hone my coaching skills, read, be creative, and catch up on movies and music that have piled up during the last five years of diapers, playdates, track meets, and tournaments.

Don't get me wrong, my fourty-fourth year will be just as fast-paced, if not more so. I'm just trying to be more intentional with how I spend my "My" time. And posting it here is one way to make myself accountable.

Day One: Off to work on the book...

No comments: