Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Thankful Moments Weekend

It was a really fun weekend (even though my teams didn't win!). On Friday night, Robbo and I drove down to Hartford, CT, for the Baylor/UConn football game. We attended the Baylor pre-game buffet and rally, where I got to see several people I hadn't seen in probably 20 years! It was fun to reconnect.

At the game, we were among about 350 Baylor fans in the middle of a very large and very loud UConn crowd. It was a great game and lots of fun, even though the Bears came up short. Here's picture of Robbo with "Bruiser" - the Baylor mascot - during the game.

On Saturday, while the big boys were at flag football games, Austin and I went apple-picking up at Parlee Farms. We picked Honeycrisp, Fuji, and Gala... they are awesome! Austin loves the hayride that takes us out to the orchard.

Then on Sunday, everyone went to the Patriots game. We tailgated in the parking lot beforehand, then walked through Patriot Place on the way to the stadium. The best moment of the day was when Austin commented, "Man guys, this is so much fun!!" I'll post a family pic when I get it downloaded.

As you can imagine, the weekend was full of thankful moments for me...

No comments: